Above and beyond taking care of client dogs should their owners need to travel or attend to personal matters, the boarding services offered by Way of Life™ Dog Training assist in accurately evaluating client dogs and coaching their owners. Our canine clients will have reached a certain level in their training to make them candidates for the boarding experience. They should be comfortable crated and be stable enough to be transferred to another handler in a new environment.
The structured, safe, and yet challenging manner of boarding offered by Way of Life™ Dog Training helps stabilize and strengthen client dogs by ensuring that the transfer is positive and successful. Therefore, boarding services are an important aspect of our coaching.
With that said, Way of Life™ Dog Training is not a boarding facility. Therefore, boarding services are offered primarily to coaching clients, as part of work being done together. To be considered a coaching client, you must be currently completing either one of our coaching packages.
Boarding non-coaching clients poses greater risks, incurs greater stress for both human and animal household members, and increases our liability. Therefore, we will only consider non-coaching clients on a case-by-case basis, and the boarding fee is higher.
The kind and quality of the boarding experience offered by Way of Life™ Dog Training is such that dogs end up benefitting tremendously. Because they will have been managed successfully and safely while away from their owners, their bond with their humans is in fact strengthened. At the same time, allowing dogs this valuable experience comes at a cost to the trainer, in terms of personal risk, as well as disruption to the household. Therefore, beginning on January 1, 2022:
- Boarding duration is calculated by day, inclusive of drop-off and pick-up days.
- For coaching clients, boarding fees are $75 per day.
- For non-coaching clients, fees are $95 per day.
- Transport fees within the GTA start at $75 per round-trip. (Transport is not guaranteed; please check in with me ahead of time)
Reservations & Refunds
Reservations followed by cancellations are extremely disruptive and prevent others from booking. Therefore, beginning on January 1, 2022:
- For holiday reservations, booking and payment must be made in full 6 weeks ahead of time. Holidays include New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day.
- For non-holiday reservations, booking and payment must be made in full 3 weeks ahead of time.
- Cancellations up to 1 week prior to the boarding start date will be refunded in full. Cancellations during the week prior to the boarding start date will be refunded at 50%.
All reservations should be completed through the website: https://www.wayoflifedogtraining.com/dog-training-services/
The booking system will give you the option of paying via credit card or via e-transfer, which we prefer.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Times
Drop-offs and pick-ups are by appointment only. We can accommodate an hour window of arrival within the following timeframes:
- Monday-Friday between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM.
- Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 5 PM and 8 PM.
Items Needed For Boarding
- Food & feeding schedule
- Ready-to-serve add-ons, if applicable
- Ready-to-serve meals, if applicable
- Medication and directions, if applicable
- Blanket and/or towel
- Veterinary information
- Emergency contact
Items Not Needed
- Food bowls
- Poop bags
More information can be found in the Boarding Waiver, which you are required to complete upon checkout: https://www.wayoflifedogtraining.com/boarding-waiver/
Thank you and we look forward to boarding your Way of Life™ canine!